This document contains information of Guesthouse Haltinmaa’s practice of collecting, handling and storing customer information.
When you contact us at Guesthouse Haltinmaa in order to book a service, you as the customer need to give us certain personal information so that we can handle your request. Guesthouse Haltinmaa complies with the General Data Processing Regulation and acknowledges that you as the customer have a right of access to this personal data we collect from you and to have it inspected, amended or erased.
How customer data is collected
- Directly from the customer during the booking process
- From the person who makes the booking on behalf of others in the party e.g. a family member or a traveling partner
- From a travel agency or a tour operator or other person, company or association who make the booking on behalf of the customer
- From the company where the customer is employed
- From a hotel reservation company such as Booking.com
Customer data is collected for the following purposes
- Processing the customer’s reservation for accommodations, meals and other services
- Communications with the customer in regards to bookings, invoicing and payments
- Marketing, sales and delivery of the services of Guesthouse Haltinmaa
What kind of customer data is needed
- Customer’s first and family name, date of birth, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, nationality
- Customer’s method of payment
- Customer’s preferences and special needs regarding e.g. type of accommodations and dietary preferences
- Customer feedback and reclamations
- Customer consent to direct marketing
How do we obtain the customer data
The following are the sources which send us personal data of customers.
- The customer personally
- The customer’s traveling partner or family member
- A tour operator or a travel agency
- A person, a company or an association in charge of a group booking
- The customer’s employer
- An on-line reservation system such as Guesthouse Haltinmaa's online booking system or Booking.com
Additional methods of collecting customer collection are telephone calls, e-mail messages, Facebook-messages, personal meetings and web booking forms.
Who receive and handle the personal data which the customer shares with Guesthouse Haltinmaa
The owners and the employees of Guesthouse Haltinmaa have access to customer data.
Customer data can be shared with Finnish authorities if they have a legal basis for requesting such information from Guesthouse Haltinmaa.
Customer data can be shared with the cooperating partner companies of Guesthouse Haltinmaa if it is necessary for the production and delivery of services the customer has requested.
Customer data is shared with the company who processes payment transactions (Visma Pay) and with the company who provides the online booking platform (Johku / Aptual Commerce Ltd.) and the social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram) used by Guesthouse Haltinmaa.These companies have their own privacy policies which we encourage you to read.
Guesthouse Haltinmaa never forwards, rents or sells customer information to third parties.
Storage of the collected information
The database in which Guesthouse Haltinmaa stores the customer’s personal information is in a secure environment. The information is kept in the database for no more than three years from the date the service is rendered. Additionally the customer information may appear in Guesthouse Haltinmaa’s bookkeeping records for as long as the legal requirement is for the maintenance of accounting material.
All requests and inquiries should be addressed in writing to:
FI-99490 Kilpisjärvi, Finland
Attn. Mrs. Satu Ahonen